Adopt your own Furry Deviant

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I just don't get people


So we are having an incredibly busy day at work. It does not help that I was an hour late.  (that extra sleep was great however)  I look up when I hear this really pitiful meow. There is a guy holding this cat by it's armpits. It sounds really sad.  Here he says, I work at xx industrial park (its about a block away), someone just threw this out of a car and I don't want it.  I'm about to blurt out my speel on how we can't take things blah blah blah.  Besides having a room full of people staring at me, I realize this cat will just end up dead if dumped at the shelter.  So I take her.  Four foot declawed, spayed Manx.  Despite being tossed out of a car, put in another and in a room full of noise she just sat.  She needs a temporary name because "fat ass extra cat" really doesn't look good when you try to adopt her out.

What I don't get is why whoever tossed her out couldn't have just taken her to the shelter?  Yes she might have been put to sleep but that would have been tons better than having to fend for yourself in a business park.  She has no claws, she is too fat to run, what the hell did they expect her to eat??

Sometimes people just suck.

Now I'm going enjoy my fire and make smores w/ my 85% dark Ugandan chocolate :)


“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”  Mahatma Gandhi


6 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

You're oh so right. I just don't get people and how so many just dump helpless animals. It just makes me sick to my stomach. You did the right thing, taking the cat in. Ohhhh, thank you!

CrazyDogMama said...

Who the hell throws a defenseless animal out of a window? That is awful. If I saw someone do that, I would follow them and beat the crap out the them. Seriously. I could hurt a human way before I could ever hurt a little kitty or doggie.

Um...what kind of chocolate...??? I need that...

gba_gf said...

Chele, I think you've forgotten one of my mantras that I lived by in Highschool... it was the thing that kept me sane in an insane world... "Stupid people should not breed". And yet, they do breed, thus people grow up thinking it's acceptable to throw adorable cats out of windows.

On other topics- If you're looking to shake up the smore scene at home, and want to try new things to keep the excitement there: try a peppermint patty on a smore.... Oh So good.

Blasé said...

"85%"??

..I'll be right over!

Shantra said...

I have pretty much gone beyond shocked at what people are capable of. I hope the Manx is adoptable and does well poor love. And the chocolate? ohh myyy that sounds good. Brand? Store?

Chele said...

yes 85%, I like it dark and bitter... and it's from Walmart, I needed firewood and it was all that was open last night. Hopefully the cat is adoptable, so far she is just sad and doesn't want to eat.